Chocolate Ice Cream
My very first homemade ice cream
Here is the recipe :
450ml pint single cream (<35%>
300ml double pint cream (>35% fats / heavy cream)
200g plain dark chocolate
2 medium eggs
2 medium egg yolks
125g sugar ( if your cream is sweetened cream, pls adjust your sugar)
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Double boil the chocolate and single cream
- Whisk the eggs, egg yolks and all but 1 tbs of suagr until thick and pale
- Whisk the chocolate mixture with vanilla essence into the custard mixture until the mixture thicken. To test , lift vthe spoon out of teh mixture and draw a clean finger through the mixture coating the spoon
- Stand the bowl in cold water to cool. Sprinkle the surface with sugar to prevent a skin forming
- Whip the double cream until soft peaks form, then whisk into the cooled chocolate custard.
- Freeze the ice cream for 1 hour then r4emove from refrigerator and beat the ice cream with wooden spoon. You can also use food processor..
- Repeat for a few times until the ice cream becomes smooth...
The ice cream turn out really good both in texture and taste. A bit sweet though, must adjust the sugar level next time.