Chocolate Walnut Cake


After my attempt in baking butter cake. I decided to try something different ~ Walnut Cake.
It is actually a butter cake recipe , i just add chopped walnuts and chopped dark chocolate into the cake. I should have use chocolate chips though, but don't have any chips at that time, so i use chopped dark chocolate instead.

Here is the recipe to shares :

200g butter
50 g margerine
200g sugar
4 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
3 tbs evaporated milk
200g plain flour
4 tbs milk powder
1/s tsp baking powder
100g walnut
100g chocolate chips*
3 eggs white

*dust chocolate chips with flour before adding to batter to prevent chocolate chips sink at the bottom

Method
  1. Mix butter, margerine and sugar until light and fluffy
  2. Add eggs , one at a time
  3. Add vanilla essence, evaporated milk
  4. Fold in floiur, baking powder,milk powder in to the batter
  5. Fold in walnuts and chocolate chips
  6. Whisk egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold into the batter and bake at 175 C degree for 50 minutes
Notes:
My chocolate walnut cake top part was burn.
Must be due to high temperature and my oven setting . I set it to top mode. That's why.
I think i should have set the oven mode to "top / bottom" mode first when baking then switch it to "top" mode when the cake is almost ready.

Comments

Popular Posts