Bought this book by Kevin Chan on Sunday. Found some leftover strawberry puree in the fridge just enough to bake a 7" Strawberry Chiffon Cake
Here is the recipe:
Egg Yolk Batter
100g Strawberries puree
3 egg yolks
30ml cooking oil
60g plain flour
Egg White Foam
3 egg Whites
1/4 cream of tartar
- To make egg yolk batter, combine egg yolks, oil, strawberry puree, sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Fold in flour until form batter
- Beat egg white and cream of tartar (if using) until soft peaks.Add sugar gradually while beating. Beat until stiff
- Fold egg white into egg yolk mixture in 3 parts
- Pour into ungreased 18cm tube pan.
- Knock the cake gentle on table 3 times.(This is to distribute the air pocket evenly)
- Bake in preheated oven 180 C for 30 min.
- Remove from oven, invert the cake to cool completely.
1)The cake does not have much "holes" (air pocket) but it taste cook.