recipe from Aunt Yochana
I turn them into different shape eg : flower, hearts and gingerboy!
The cookies taste crispy. I like them
200 g Butter
180 g Sugar
100 g Walnuts or Cashew nuts - blended coarsely
1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder
320 g Plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
50 g cornflour
20 g cocoa powder
Some almond flakes or sunflower seeds for decoration
Some beaten egg for glazing
(1) Cream butter and sugar till sugar dissolves.
(2) Add in egg and beat till well mixed.
(3) Add in blended walnuts or cashew nuts, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and cornflour.
(4) Blend into a dough. Rest for 10 mins.
(5) Roll dough between two sheets of plastic and then cut out using cookie cutters.
(6) Place cookies on tray, glaze with beaten eggs and then sprinkle some almond flakes or sunflower seeds on top.
(7) Bake at 170C for about 15 mins. or till cooked.
(8) Cool cookies before storing into containers.