Initially I wanted to make Pandan Chiffon but dunno why mine turn out as disaster. Either could be the pan (9") too big for my oven (middle uncooked) or my mistake of wrong (pandan juice) measurement. So here i try again and another chiffon (Chocolate) uses smaller tube pan (7")
Egg Yolk Batter
3 egg yolks
35g Chocolate (melted)
10g cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
Egg White Foam
3 Egg Whites
- To make egg yolk batter, combine melted chocolate, oil, banana puree, sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Fold in flour until form batter
- Beat egg white and cream of tartar (if using) until soft peaks.Add sugar gradually while beating. Beat until stiff
- Fold egg white into egg yolk mixture in 3 parts
- Pour into ungreased 18cm tube pan.
- Knock the cake gentle on table 3 times.(This is to distribute the air pocket evenly)
- Bake in preheated oven 175 C for 30 min.
- Remove from oven, invert the cake to cool completely.