80g Pumpkin (steamed and mash)
120g Cake Flour / Low protein flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
60g coconut milk* (around 75ml)
60g vegetable oil
4 egg yolks
4 egg whites
1/8tsp cream of tartar (optional)
70g sugar (i have reduced the sugar from 100g)
- Combine [A] and [B] a mixing bowl.
- Beat egg white and cream of tartar (if using) until soft peaks.Add sugar gradually while beating. Beat until stiff
- Fold egg white into egg yolk mixture in 3 parts
- Pour into ungreased 18cm tube pan.
- Knock the cake gentle on table 3 times.(This is to distribute the air pocket evenly)
- Bake in preheated oven 175 C for 30 min.
- Remove from oven, invert the cake to cool completely.
*I use Ayam Brand UHT Coconut Milk