80g Cake Flour
½ tsp baking powder
2 Tbs instant coffee powder
2 Tbs Kahlua
3 egg yolks
4 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Bring milk to boil. Dissolve instant coffee in milk. Mix in oil and *Kahlua.
- Beat egg yolk and 35g sugar until creamy white in colour. Add it to mixture 
- Fold in flour until form batter
- Beat egg white and cream of tartar (if using) until soft peaks.Add sugar gradually while beating. Beat until stiff
- Fold egg white into egg yolk mixture in 3 parts
- Pour into ungreased 18cm tube pan.
- Knock the cake gentle on table 3 times.(This is to distribute the air pocket evenly)
- Bake in preheated oven 175 C for 30 min.
- Remove from oven, invert the cake to cool completely.
*Kahlua, Tia Maria are a coffee liquor, can be found at liquor shop.
** I'm using Ipoh White Coffee powder for this cake and find that the coffee aroma is not strong enough. I will try using nescafe instead next time.