Wanted to bake pandan chiffon for a long time. Finally give it a try.. a not so success . As you would see there is a little wet in the cake.
3 egg Yolks
75g Pandan Juice + Milk
3 Egg Whites
- To make egg yolk batter, combine egg yolks, oil, pandan juice, sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Fold in flour until form batter
- Beat egg white and cream of tartar (if using) until soft peaks.Add sugar gradually while beating. Beat until stiff
- Fold egg white into egg yolk mixture in 3 parts
- Pour into ungreased 18cm tube pan.
- Knock the cake gentle on table 3 times.(This is to distribute the air pocket evenly)
- Bake in preheated oven 175 C for 30 min.
- Remove from oven, invert the cake to cool completely.
- While most recipe call for coconut milk, i uses milk (powder milk + water) for healthier choice.
- My chiffon turn out a little wet .I think I didn't whisk the egg white until stiff