recipe adapted from “Baking from My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan"
Sweet Tart Dough
165g plain flour
80g Icing Sugar
113g cold butter ( cut into small pieces)
1 egg yolk
- Mix the flour and icing sugar.
- Use your fingers to rub the butter with the flour until form snow flakes
- Add in egg yolk and mix.
- Turn the dough onto a work surface and knead the dough, just to incorporate.
- Refrigerate for 30 min (or more)
- Press the dough into tart mould. Poke the tart shell with a fork evenly.
- Bake at 175 C for 10 min until turn brown
Chocolate Ganache Filling
200g Dark Chocolate
200ml UHT Whipping Cream
- Bring cream to boil, then pour half into chocolate. Let it sit for 30 seconds.
- Very gently stir the chocolate with the cream.
- Pour remaining cream and blend into chocolate
- When ganache is smooth and shiny, add in butter.
- Pour the ganache into the crust.
- Refridgerate for 30 min until set.
- Remove tart from fridge and keep it at room temperature until serving time.