Crunchy Oats and Almond Granola


During my childhood days, i would always ask my mum to buy those energy bar at supermarket. My favorite would be the one with the chocolate chips. When I told my DH this morning that I will be making them, he say wouldn't it be easier to buy from supermarket , given the price paid is almost the same as making them. He didnt realised the quality of food made with homemade granola




Oats and Almond Granola

recipe from Delectably Mine
i halves the recipe and bake in 10" x 10" pan

3 1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup + 1/4 cup chopped almond (toasted)

90g honey
90g molasses sugar

Method
1. Mix oats, oil and salt together.
2. Bake them at 160 fan forced (or 175C non fan forced)  for 15 min or until pale golden stir occasionally
3. In a sauce pan cook the honey with the sugar, if using vanilla (add it now)
4. Remove the baked oat into a large bowl, pour the honey sugar mixture into the oats and stir to coat .
5. Pour the mixture back to the pan for baking.Press them flat and even on the pan
6. Bake at 160 fan forced (or 175C non fan forced)  for 20 min or until golden brown








Comments

Popular Posts