(recipe by Wendy Kor)
 I halves the recipe to make about 30pcs of bun

 Soup Dough  
70 bread flour (I used Japanese Bread Flour) 
350 Water
 *cooked above (continuous stir) until 65C , or until showing trail. Off the fire and let it cool.

 [A]   
400 Bread Flour (I used Japanese Bread Flour) 
180 Superfine Flour (I used Japanese Bread Flour)
11g instant yeast

  [B] 150g soup dough 100 sugar 120g egg (about 2.5 egg) 140 cold water

  [C] 100 butter

Directions
 1. Prepare the soup dough, the extra may keep in container in refrigerator for up to a week.
2. Mix in [A], [B] until foram a ball, the mix in the butter
3. Proof for 1 hour
3. Shape and 2nd proof for another 1 hour. I did my 2nd proofing in the refrigerator for about 2-3 hours. 
4. Bake @ 170C for 15min

Note
I use Parmesan cheese and grated cheddar cheese (Bega) for this recipe. Egg wash the bun then sprinkle the cheese on top and bake.

 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Useful information. Fortunate me I found your website accidentally, and I am
surprised why this accident didn't took place earlier!
I bookmarked it.

Popular Posts