Butter Cake (new recipe)
Over my baking years I had bake so many butter cakes/ pound cake from same ratio butter : sugar : flour ( 1:1:1), here , here here and many more. My family favourite is from Jane.
|Butter Cake (new recipe)|
4 egg yolks
180g Self Raising Flour
4 Tbs Cointreau
4 Egg Whites
1. Cream butter and sugar for 3 min
2. Add in egg yolk . One at a time.
3. Add in flour and Cointreau
4. Beat the egg white and sugar until stiff peak
5. Fold in (3) with meringue with whisk, do not over mix.
6. Pour in 7" square pan, lowest tray and bake in preheated oven 175 for 45 min